- For an example, see: cost of real-estate in US cities
- For other methods of inserting map points, see our FAQ
- Option 1: Convert a list of addresses into lat/long coordinates
- Option 2: Obtain lat/long coordinates one address or location at a time
- Option 3: Obtain lat/long coordinates for all world cities
Step 4: In the location where StatPlanet was extracted, find the Excel template: "lat-longitude_example_for_import.xlsx". The list of map coordinates would need to be copied into this template. If you used Option 1 above, you can automatically insert the coordinates as follows: (i) copy the list of coordinates into Notepad; (ii) Save the file as "coordinates.csv"; (iii) Open it in Excel, and it should open in two columns. It can now be directly copied and pasted into the template.
Step 5: Open the StatPlanet Data Editor, and go to the sheet "Settings". Then select the button "Import lat/long coordinates" (at the top). The new map points should appear in the sheet ‘Import’, in the last columns in this sheet. You can now add or import data for these map points.
Step 6: View the results by running StatPlanet.html from the "web" folder.