I found to import data manually using these instructions totally confusing - I don't understand why you would copy and paste the Map Area Names and Map Codes twice?? Very confusing!!! Why insert extra rows for the map names, then just re-add the map names again - with the codes again.. then DELETE them!!! Wow.. please clarify!!
1. Open both the ‘data.csv’ and ‘settings.csv’ files.
2. In the ‘data.csv’ file, copy the entire list of map area codes in row 1, from column L onwards. In the ‘settings.csv’ file, find the list of map area names at the bottom (below the header ‘NAMES’). Paste the map area codes in column B next to the map area names (through ‘paste special’ – ‘transpose’, to change the orientation to vertical). You should now have two vertical lists – first the names and then the corresponding codes (if the names and codes are the same, this step is not necessary).
3. Just below the header ‘NAMES’, insert new rows for each of the map area names in your data file. For example, if you are importing data for 20 map areas, insert 20 rows. Then copy and paste those map area names in the empty space created, in column A.
4. Scroll down to find the map area code corresponding to each of the names just added, and copy/paste this code next to the name in column B (again, if they are the same this step is not necessary). Then delete the entire row with the code you just copied/pasted.
5. You should now have a new arrangement with the map areas which are in your data file at the top of the list. Cut the list of map area codes from column B, and paste them back in to the ‘data.csv’ file (starting in column L, using ‘paste special’ – ‘transpose’).