StatSilk software has been used for a wide range of purposes, such as poverty mapping in Afghanistan, mapping health risk factors in Australia, visualizing census data in Kosovo, mapping youth voting trends in the USA, and by the UN for monitoring progress in achieving the Millennium Development Goals.
Most of the examples below are built using StatPlanet Plus.
- OECD Innovation Policy Platform: Explore interactive maps and graphs for hundreds of OECD indicators with data for most countries in the world. It includes demographic, economic, education, environment, finance, ICT, innovation, science and technology data.
- Cost of real-estate in major US cities
Multiple interactive map layers sub-national example (Swansea, Wales)
See also: creating multi-layer maps
- Afghanistan: Poverty Mapping - Ministry of Economy (see also using StatPlanet as a tool for policy analysis)
- Australia: Heart Maps and Health Risk Factors - Heart Foundation
- Belgium: Census Maps - Vrije Universiteit Brussel
- Indonesia: Social Welfare Information System - Government of Indonesia
- Kosovo: Census Maps - Kosovo Agency of Statistics
- New Zealand: Auckland Census Area Health Stats - Auckland District Health Board
- Turkey: Istanbul Global Competitiveness Survey - Istanbul University
- USA: Youth Voting and Demographics by Congressional District - Civic Youth
See also: List of country maps
Asian Development Bank
- KETs Observatory – Deployment of Key Enabling Technologies - Advanced Manufacturing Technologies
- Global Vulnerability and Crisis Assessment
HCSS (The Hague Centre for Strategic Studies (HCSS)
- GeoRisQ Monitor: Global developments, trends, risks and opportunities.
IEA (International Association for the Evaluation of Educational Achievement)
- Global 4th & 8th Grade Reading, Math and Science results - TIMSS and PIRLS studies.
IFPRI (International Food Policy Research Institute)
- Food Security CASE Maps: Interactive Climate, Agriculture, and Socio-Economic Maps
ReSAKSS-Asia Map Tool: Tracking and monitoring the overall performance of Asian countries, including Economic Trends, Malnutrition and Poverty, Agriculture and Food, Investments and Policy Commitments and Trade.
- INDEPTHStats: Detailed health and demographic indicators for 20 low- and middle-income countries.
UN-DESA (United Nations Department of Economic and Social Affairs)
- Global Economic Outlook (GEO) Database
- Risk factors, Instability, Economic Vulnerability Index (EVI) Maps
UN-IIF (United Nations Integrated Implementation Framework)
- Platform for tracking progress on the Millennium Development Goals
- Video - demonstration of the platform, UN General Assembly - from 18:50 to 23:20.
UNIDO (United Nations Industrial Development Organization)
UNDP (United Nations Development Programme)
- Human Development Indicators - Interactive Map
- Human Development Data for the Arab States
Custom apps developed in collaboration with Andy Thornton:
Human Development Index Trends and DIY HDI - Build Your Own Index
UNESCO (United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organization)
Other country level examples
- Afghanistan - Poverty Assessment Maps - World Bank
- France department maps - Actualitix
- UK maps of psychotic disorder for healthcare policy makers and planners - University of Cambridge
*Comes bundled with StatPlanet
*The scatter plot option is also available in StatPlanet.
Organization: Ministry of Education, Seychelles
Human Evolution - Primate fossil finds around the world
StatPlanet - Dark Theme
Customization: Interface colors
Africa - Interactive Map
Asia - Interactive Map
Europe - Interactive Map
Latin America - Interactive Map
Middle East - Interactive Map
Custom Region Interactive Map