StatPlanet Cloud does not require installation. The ZIP file just needs to be extracted onto your computer. The easiest way to extract the ZIP file is to copy it to the desired location, for example the desktop or the Documents folder. Once it is in the desired location, right-click the downloaded ZIP file and select “Extract All” (if using Windows).
- Important: Do not copy the software into the Program Files folder, because of restrictions in saving changes to data files in this folder.
Step 2. Set up a map
StatPlanet Cloud comes with a World Map and US State Map. To import another map, please see Step 2 of the Quick Start Guide. It is recommended that you create a copy of the World Map folder and use it as a template for importing a new map.
Step 3. Import data
Data can be imported automatically using the Excel-based StatPlanet Data Manager. This file consists of several sheets, the most important one being the sheet ‘Import’ which will contain all your data.
Steps to import new data:
- Open the Excel-based StatPlanet Data Manager (in the StatPlanet Cloud folder).
- Click the button 'Import data' and select a data file to import the data.
- Click the button 'Save data'.
For more details, please see Step 3 of the Quick Start Guide.
Step 4. View the results
To launch the application, select ‘StatPlanet_Cloud.html’. Please note that offline viewing of the web version is currently only supported using the Firefox browser. Once it is hosted online, it can be viewed in any browser.
Step 5. Customizing StatPlanet Cloud
The Quick Start Guide in Step 5 details the following customization options:
- Customize the panel layout
- Add and customize text labels
- Define map regions
Define custom map legend colors and values