StatPlanet Plus is an advanced version of the free StatPlanet mapping and visualization software. StatPlanet Plus has the same feature-rich interface as StatPlanet for creating interactive maps and visualizations, but with support for large data sets, many advanced features, and a number of available add-on modules. The desktop version of StatPlanet Plus is free for non-commercial use but requires a license fee for use on the web and/or for commercial use (see also license costs).
For demos of StatPlanet Plus, please see the examples page featuring implementations by various organizations such as the World Bank and UNESCO, as well as StatWorld for a demo of the latest version.
You can download StatPlanet Plus directly to test the software. This demo version is fully functional and free for desktop non-commercial use. For getting started, see this quick start guide to help you set up your map and import your data.
StatPlanet Plus has the following additional features compared to the free version of StatPlanet. For features which are not included by default, see also the StatPlanet Plus add-on modules.
- Add a custom logo to the main StatPlanet interface screen (bottom-right corner), replacing the existing StatPlanet logo (this feature is not available in the free desktop version for non-commercial use).
- Import maps in the commonly used ESRI Shapefile format (see also: free shapefile map downloads).
- Add "map points" such as cities, regional aggregations and other points of interest, through a drag-and-drop interface.
- Overlay external maps or images, for example raster maps, customizable at the indicator level.
- Create proportional symbol maps using external icons / images.
- Additional graph type - the vertical bubble chart, where bubbles can be resized according to a second indicator.
- Display benchmarks: add one or two benchmark or target lines in your graphs, with customizable labels and mouse-over popups.
- No indicator limit. Organize indicators through categories and if required - sub-categories and sub-sub-categories.
- Option to dynamically load data from a database.
- Split large data files into multiple smaller data files to reduce the initial download size, and only load additional data when the user requests it through the drop-down menus.
- Various additional features are available through add-on modules.
- Export maps, graphs and charts as a PNG or JPG file (web version only). This requires a web server that is configured to run PHP or ASP files.
- Export data as a CSV data file (web version only). This requires a web server that is configured to run PHP or ASP files.
International character sets:
- International character sets are available on request, e.g. Arabic or Chinese. They are not included by default, because it increases the size of the application by around 50-250 kb.
- Please indicate which international character set (if any) is required when you purchase the software. Changing the configuration after payment and delivery of the software can only be done at additional cost.
- E-mail feedback icon: Include an optional e-mail icon with customizable e-mail address/subject/body to get comments or feedback from users.
- Display data for all time units and/or indicators in the data table.
- Group indicators in the indicator panel, for example by female/male or rural/urban.
- Link icon: copy (share) a link to the currently selected indicator, graph and time/year.
- Link sitemap: auto-generate a complete categorized list of links to all indicators in StatPlanet (produces HTML code for embedding in a web-page). See example.
- Search panel: dynamic search for indicators, with search results updating as you type.
- Statistics: display customizable indicator-level statistics (total, mean, standard deviation, range).
For more details, see also the release notes.
- World map edition: StatPlanet Plus with embedded world map.
- USA map edition: StatPlanet Plus with embedded USA map.
- Shapefile map edition: Load any ESRI shapefile map into StatPlanet Plus, one of the most common map formats. Prior to purchasing this version, please test your shapefile map to confirm it is compatible with StatPlanet Plus.
- Custom Flash map edition: Design your own map in Adobe Flash using the included Flash template. This option has the greatest flexibility to completely custom design your map, but is more time consuming and requires the Adobe Flash software. Read more.
See also StatTrends Plus.
The prices listed below are for one edition of StatPlanet Plus. The license is valid forever (i.e. it never expires) and is valid for one web domain*. The upgrade cost is for a one-time upgrade only (i.e. subsequent upgrades would require paying for a new upgrade). See also the license terms.
|Cost in USD||Cost in AUD|
|Cost in USD||Cost in AUD|
* The web-version is licensed for usage on a single website domain, e.g. www. mywebsite.com. There is no limitation to how many times it can be used within that web domain (e.g. www. website.com/project1, www. website.com/project2, project3.website.com, etc.). Use on another web domain, however, requires another license for that domain.
Payments can be made either via bank transfer (wire transfer) or Credit Card (via PayPal). For a Credit Card payment an additional fee of 2% is charged.
StatPlanet Plus can be used to easily load shapefile maps through a process that is mostly automated. For most shapefile maps, it only takes a few minutes to have them up and running in StatPlanet Plus. Simply copy your shapefiles to the StatPlanet 'map' directory and run 'setup shapefile' in the StatPlanet Data Editor.
The 'shapefile' format is a very popular "geospatial vector data format" for maps, and thousands of maps are available for free.
The Flash-based (actionscript) code for loading in the shapefile maps is open source.
Upgrading from StatPlanet to StatPlanet Plus is easy - no changes have to be made as they both using the same data files. Simply copy your data file from your StatPlanet folder to the StatPlanet Plus folder and it will be up and running.
Upgrading to StatPlanet Plus from StatPlanet 2.2 or previous versions requires the insertion of one extra column (“CATEGORY”) in the data file. The data can then needs to be copied and pasted into the StatPlanet Plus data file. For more information, feel free to contact us.