StatPlanet Plus - Interactive Mapping & Visualization Software
StatPlanet Plus is an advanced version of the award-winning free StatPlanet mapping and visualization software. It has a user-friendly yet feature-rich interface for exploring and analyzing data through interactive maps and visualizations. It supports shapefile maps, custom Flash maps, large data sets, custom logo embedding, and many other additional features compared to the standard edition of StatPlanet. Its features can be further extended through add-on modules.
For demos of StatPlanet Plus, please see the examples page featuring implementations by OECD, USAID, UNESCO, the World Bank and many other organizations. For a demo of the lastest version of StatPlanet Plus, please see StatWorld.
The desktop version of StatPlanet Plus is free for non-commercial use and can be downloaded directly, no registration required. The web version requires a license fee for both web and commercial use, but the included demo is fully functional and can be used for testing purposes. For getting started, please see this quick start guide to help you set up your map and import your data, or see the resources section for more detailed support documentation.
StatPlanet Plus has the following additional features which are not in the free version of StatPlanet. See also the StatPlanet Plus add-on modules for features which are not included by default.
- Add a custom logo to the main StatPlanet interface screen (bottom-right corner), replacing the existing StatPlanet logo (this feature is not available in the free desktop version for non-commercial use).
- Import maps in the commonly used ESRI Shapefile format (see also: free shapefile map downloads).
- Custom design your maps in Adobe Flash, using the included Custom Flash map edition.
- Add "map points" such as cities, regional aggregations and other points of interest, through a drag-and-drop interface.
- Overlay external maps or images, for example raster maps, customizable at the indicator level.
- Create proportional symbol maps using external icons / images.
Additional graph types:
- Multiple indicator line chart / time series chart (with add-on module only).
- Vertical bubble chart, where bubbles can be resized according to a second indicator.
- Display benchmarks: add one or two benchmark or target lines in your graphs, with customizable labels and mouse-over popups.
- View data for all years / date ranges, or for all indicators in the current category, or both at the same time.
- Select the map areas to be displayed in the table.
- Export your customized table as a 'CSV' file which can be opened in Excel or other spreadsheet software.
- No indicator limit. Organize indicators through categories and if required - sub-categories and sub-sub-categories.
- Option to dynamically load data from a database.
- Split large data files into multiple smaller data files to reduce the initial download size, and only load additional data when the user requests it through the drop-down menus.
- Various additional features are available through add-on modules.
- Export maps, graphs and charts as a PNG or JPG file (web version only). This requires a web server that is configured to run PHP or ASP files.
- Export data as a CSV data file (web version only). This requires a web server that is configured to run PHP or ASP files.
International character sets:
- International character sets are available on request, e.g. Arabic or Chinese. They are not included by default, because it increases the size of the application by around 50-250 kb. Note: please indicate which international character set (if any) is required when you purchase the software. Changing the configuration after payment and delivery of the software can only be done at additional cost.
- E-mail feedback icon: Include an optional e-mail icon with customizable e-mail address/subject/body to get comments or feedback from users.
- Display data for all time units and/or indicators in the data table.
- Group indicators in the indicator panel, for example by female/male or rural/urban.
- Link icon: copy (share) a link to the currently selected indicator, graph and time/year.
- Link sitemap: auto-generate a complete categorized list of links to all indicators in StatPlanet (produces HTML code for embedding in a web-page). See example.
- Search panel: dynamic search for indicators, with search results updating as you type.
- Statistics: display customizable indicator-level statistics (total, mean, standard deviation, range).
For more details, see also the release notes.
- World map edition: StatPlanet Plus with embedded world map.
- USA map edition: StatPlanet Plus with embedded US state map.
- Shapefile map edition: Load any ESRI shapefile map into StatPlanet Plus, one of the most common map formats. Prior to purchasing this version, please test your shapefile map to confirm it is compatible with StatPlanet Plus.
- Custom Flash map edition: Design your own map in Adobe Flash using the included Flash template. This option has the greatest flexibility to completely custom design your map, but is more time consuming and requires the Adobe Flash software. Read more.
See also StatTrends Plus.
The prices listed below are for one edition of StatPlanet Plus. The license is valid forever (i.e. it never expires) and for the web version is valid for one web domain. Upgrades are not included in the purchase, but are available at a discounted price as indicated below.
For more information, please see also:
- StatPlanet add-on modules, which are available at additional cost
- Differences between the web and desktop version
- License terms
|Cost in USD|
The commercial license - desktop version - has a limit of 5 users for a single license purchase. For more than 5 users, please contact us for a custom quote.
|Cost in USD|
- Discounts are available for purchases of multiple editions of StatPlanet Plus, and when purchased together with StatTrends Plus.
- The web-version is licensed for usage on a single website domain, e.g. www. mywebsite.com. There is no limitation to how many times it can be used within that web domain (e.g. www. website.com/project1, www. website.com/project2, project3.website.com, etc.). Use on another web domain, however, requires another license for that domain.
- The upgrade price is for a one-time upgrade only, so subsequent upgrades would require the purchase of a new upgrade.
Payments can be made either via bank transfer (wire transfer) or Credit Card (via PayPal).
StatPlanet Plus can be used to easily load shapefile maps through a process that is mostly automated. For most shapefile maps, it only takes a few minutes to have them up and running in StatPlanet Plus. Simply copy your shapefiles to the StatPlanet 'map' directory and run 'setup shapefile' in the StatPlanet Data Editor.
The 'shapefile' format is a very popular "geospatial vector data format" for maps, and thousands of maps are available for free.
The Flash-based (actionscript) code for loading in the shapefile maps is open source.
Upgrading from StatPlanet to StatPlanet Plus is easy - no changes have to be made as they both use the same data files. Simply copy your data file from your StatPlanet folder to the StatPlanet Plus folder and it will be up and running.
Upgrading to StatPlanet Plus from StatPlanet 2.2 or previous versions requires the insertion of one extra column (“CATEGORY”) in the data file. The data can then needs to be copied and pasted into the StatPlanet Plus data file. For more information, feel free to contact us.