StatPlanet World Bank - Open Data
|Explore world stats using StatPlanet World Bank, the first prize winner of the World Bank's Apps for Development competition. The application automatically visualizes the entire World Bank database of 7000+ indicators (and growing), across 5 decades, for 217 countries.|
StatPlanet World Bank enables you to explore, analyze and filter any of the 7000+ indicators in the form of interactive maps and graphs, through the intuitive StatPlanet Plus interface. The data is retrieved live from the World Bank database, so is always up to date. The data is made available through the World Bank's Open Data initiative, and includes data on a wide range of topics from Agriculture to Science & Technology.
- Select language: English, French, Spanish. | By categorization: Data source | Topic
- Select year range: 1960-2010, 1970-2010, 1980-2010, 1990-2010, 2000-2010, 2010-2015.
- Download: StatPlanet World Bank desktop app | Download the User Guide
- Apps for Development website
- World Bank's StatPlanet EdStats to explore education statistics.
- StatWorld - StatSilk's compilation of world stats using open data.
World stats can be explored for the following topics:
- Agriculture and Rural Development
- Aid Effectiveness
- Economic Policy and External Debt
- Energy and Mining
- Financial Sector
- Labor and Social Protection
- Private Sector
- Science and Technology
- Social Development
- Urban Development
World stats can be explored for the following World Bank data sources:
- Africa Development Indicators
- Doing Business
- Education Statistics
- Enterprise Surveys
- Global Development Finance
- Gender Statistics
- Global Economic Monitor
- Global Economic Monitor (GEM) Commodities
- Health Nutrition and Population Statistics
- International Development Association
- Version 2.0: added search, fixed indicator mouseover descriptions on startup, various interface improvements
- Version 2.1 (Nov 30, 2011): fixed issue with data export, various interface improvements